Labels:

My New Book Stack Part 1

So I guess this is sort of like a "In my Mail Box" or a "Stacking the Shelves" meme or a Book Haul, except it's not actually part of a specific meme and since these aren't my books, it can't really be a book haul either.

Today I went to the library and picked up a few books! Here's what I found.




Keeping the Castle by Patrice Kindl: It looked like a faster read and it looks really good! I'm looking forward to reading this one.
The Faerie Ring by Kiki HamiltonThis one was already on my to-read list, and since I've really been in the mood for fantasy lately I made sure to snatch this one fast!
The Friday Society by Adrienne Kress: I've seen reviews for this book before so I've always been curious. When I saw it on the shelf at the library I just had to borrow it!

I managed to limit myself to three books, but only for one reason. My library has been doing this thing where they fill brown paper bags with books, staple them shut, and label them with genre tag. Last time I was there they had bags that were 'Teen Boys' and 'Teen', but this time when I wanted to get one I got a 'Teen Girls' bag, rather than just 'Teen', which might partially explain why some of these books aren't quite the ones I would typically choose. But that's why I got a bag in the first place! I wanted to try books I might not normally read.



Hidden by Helen Frost: I'm still not sure what I think of this one, but I'll try it and see how it turns out.
Love, Inc by Yvonne Collins and Sandy Rideout: From the reviews on Goodreads, I don't have my hopes terribly high, but again, I'll try it, and maybe I'll love it!
The Secret Circle: The Divide Created by L.J. Smith, written by Aubrey Clark: I'm not sure if this is partway through a series? I'll have to figure that out. If you know if this book has to be read in a series, let me know! Figuring out where books fit in series is confusing :(
Take a Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg: Of all the books in the bag, this is the one I'm most excited for.
Rockoholic by C.J. Skuse: The cover may not be quite my taste, but don't judge a book by its cover, right?
Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting: I think this one is also part of a series, so I probably won't read this one. Instead, I might put the first book in the series on hold instead.

So that's my new book stack, library edition! Part 2 will come later, with books I actually own!

Rachel



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
read it write © 2012 | Designed by Canvas Art, in collaboration with Business Listings , Radio stations and Corporate Office Headquarters