Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish. Each week they give a topic, and then other blogs make their top ten lists for that topic.
This week's topic is.......Top Ten Settings Megan Would Like to See More Of
1) Underwater: I just love mermaid books, and dolphins, and swimming, and the idea of scuba diving or becoming a mermaid, (not that I've attempted either of the last two) but as you can probably infer, under the sea holds a soft spot in my heart as far as settings go. Can't have too much H2O!
2) In the mountains: Because mountains are just so cool! I don't think I've ever read any books that specifically take place in the mountains, but I think it would be an interesting place to explore as a setting. So much stuff could happen! With all the caves and rock climbing and dangerous passages, and ups and downs, (literally!) I think it would make for a great backdrop!
3) Pirate ships: I love me some pirates, Captain Jack, Captain Hook... (newest fav is Captain Hook from ABC's Once Upon a Time!) And I also loved Hamish X and the Cheese Pirates by Sean Cullen. I thought it was hilarious! I would just really love to see more books written about these crazy dudes! (And dudettes :P)
4) Tropical Islands: This one sort of ties into the previous one, as pirates often discover tropical islands, but it doesn't necessarily have to! There's something magical and mysterious and just awesome about a tiny patch of land far away from any other land in the middle of crystal blue water...
5) Floating cities/in the clouds: WHY NOT???
6) Normal suburban setting: Because it seems like most books these days take place in fantasy, dystopian or some other modified version of reality. We need to go back to what we know best! Our own hometowns!
7) New York City: I've ALWAYS wanted to go to New York City, it's still on my bucket list of places to go. I just love the hustle and bustle of that big city atmosphere. So exciting to me!
8) Secluded castles: Castles are so incredibly pretty, and I love pretty much every book I have read that takes place or includes a castle. I love the beautiful imagery they provide.
9) Run down mansions: I've had a craving for mystery-genre books lately, (anyone have any suggestions?) and a run down mansion seems like the perfect setting for that type of story! Mysterious, slightly creepy, and a lot of awesome. Oooh, maybe some ghosts in there somewhere too... :)
10) Hotels: Could be old style hotels or newer ones, but just the concept of living somewhere that is not technically home. I guess I'm thinking of a Suite Life of Zack and Cody sort of idea, which I've never seen in a novel before!
What other places would you guys like to see written into books?
keep readin' it write!