Labels:

TTT #17 Top Ten Reading Goals for 2013

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish. Each week they give a topic, and then other blogs make their top ten lists for that topic.

This week's topic is.......Top Ten Reading Goals for 2013

As always, these are in no particular order and any books are linked to their respective pages on Goodreads just incase any of y'all are interested. :)

1) Get through my TBR stack BEFORE buying any new books...(not sure how well this one will work out...)

2) Read The Hobbit and the LOTR Trilogy (I know, I know...it's pretty sad that I haven't read these yet...)

3) Get into a new genre. Maybe some mystery, or chick flick types to switch it up a bit. 

4) Reread the Harry Potters. It feels like it has been too long....(too long meaning about...5 months? ha ha ha...)

5) Read some other types of books. Like nonfiction type books that will help me expand my other interests such as photography, art and fashion.

6) Read posts off of Smart, Pretty and Awkward regularly. It often has very inspirational quotes and interesting ideas for everyday life. (I know this isn't a book, but it's still reading! ;P)

7) Read everyday. Even if it is only a couple pages.

8) Read my own writing... and to do this, I'd need to WRITE something for me to read! (Is this cheating? Teehee... I guess technically this is a writing goal....OHWELLS)

9) Keep up to date with current events. ie: Read the newspaper, or other news sharing websites. I have noticed in the past I have been kind of ignorant when it comes to current events locally and around the world, so I'd really like to change that.

10) Read at least 2 books per month. Preferably more, but that's the bare minimum. ;)


What are your reading or book related goals for 2013? I'd love to hear what you guys plan to do this year to keep yourselves word-surrounded!

keep readin' it write!
Megan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
read it write © 2012 | Designed by Canvas Art, in collaboration with Business Listings , Radio stations and Corporate Office Headquarters