Labels:

Waiting on Wednesday #6

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine . Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event meant to showcase the not-yet-released books that we are eagerly awaiting. 

This week I've chosen The Elite by Kiera Cass.

Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea.

America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.

Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending.


I absolutely loved the world Kiera Cass created in The Selection, and just can't wait for more in this sequel! And might I add that the cover looks absolutely gorgeous...EEEE! Can't wait!

Release Date: April 23rd, 2013


keep readin' it write!
Megan 

8 comments:

  1. This book is at the very top of my WL! I loved The Selection and can't wait to read this!

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) it was a great opener for a series wasn't it? I can't wait to see where Kiera takes it!

      thanks for the comment!
      Megan

      Delete
  2. OMU! Only 3 months to go! I mean 7... Don't you wish it were actually February? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read this series sooo desperately! But I'm kinda afraid too 'cause of the mixed reviews. Either way, awesome pick! :D

    Fara @ Tumbling In Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend it! the setting and plot is very unique and new! give it a read, I don't think you will regret it :)

      Megan

      Delete
  4. This sure has been popular this week! I haven't read any of this series though so I don't know if I will end up reading this one. Thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment! if you get the chance, you should definitely give the selection a read. It's a great book. :)

      Megan

      Delete

 
read it write © 2012 | Designed by Canvas Art, in collaboration with Business Listings , Radio stations and Corporate Office Headquarters