Labels:

Top Ten Tuesday #12

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish. Each week they give a topic, and then other blogs make their top ten lists for that topic.




This week's topic is: Top Ten Favourite Authors in X Genre

and I piiiiiiiiiicked....... DYSTOPIAN/SCI-FI-ness. you know what I mean...those books that are often frighteningly/amazingly close to reality... yep... so in no particular order, HERE I GO! 

1) Suzanne Collins: I wasn't sure about the Hunger Games when I first picked it up, but Ms Collins managed to suck me in after about the first three lines. And keep me sucked in, for three books. That's a feat and a half. 

2) Veronica Roth: With Divergent on the other hand, I knew from the moment I saw the cover that I was going to enjoy the book. I had a gut feeling. And I was entirely correct. 

3) Kiera Cass: I painfully admit that I bought The Selection because of the cover. I thought it was really pretty... I know, I know, EPIC READER'S CRIME, SHAME ON ME. But if it's any consolation, I am now addicted to Kiera's universe. 

4) Ernest Cline: as you may have read in my review of Ready Player One, I absolutely LOVED it. Like beyond love, it's definitely closer to adoration... I have an enormous amount of respect for Mr Cline and his work. It makes my heart happy. :) 

5) Lauren Oliver: Delirium was different than all the other dystopian future type novels I have read. The main character Lena had different characteristics than I was used to seeing in female protagonists. It was refreshing and new. 

6) Orson Scott Card: Okay, so I haven't finished reading Ender's Game yet, (NO SPOILERS!!!) But from what I've read so far, I can tell that it is going to be an excellent read. 

7) Douglas Adams: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Even the title is amazing... 

8) Ally Condie: Matched introduced an interesting twist of the future. One that I had actually pondered before myself. Seeing it brought to life in a novel was interesting, since it was something that I had actually thought about on my own. 

9) Marissa Meyer: My most recent review!!! Cinder was a great read. It was a fabulous combination of science fiction, dystopian future, and fairytale! Who can resist that? 

10) Beth Revis: Across the Universe was unlike any book I had ever read before. It was both captivating and disturbing. But not disturbing enough to prevent me from reading through to the end! 

there you go! My list of favourite authors in x genre. Who are your favourite dystopian/sci-fi authors? 


keep readin' it write! 
Megan 


2 comments:

  1. I'm a huge fan of Dystopian fiction too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. David Estes writes a couple really good Dystopians series.

    ReplyDelete

 
read it write © 2012 | Designed by Canvas Art, in collaboration with Business Listings , Radio stations and Corporate Office Headquarters