Preview: Pegasus by Robin Mckinley



Because of a thousand-year-old alliance between humans and pegasi, Princess Sylviianel is ceremonially bound to Ebon, her own pegasus, on her twelfth birthday. The two species coexist peacefully, despite the language barriers separating them. Humans and pegasi both rely on specially trained Speaker magicians as the only means of real communication. But it's different for Sylvi and Ebon. They can understand each other. They quickly grow close-so close that their bond becomes a threat to the status quo-and possibly to the future safety of their two nations.

I just started reading this book- I’m only about 40 pages in out of 404. So far, I have to say I’m really not sure about this book.

I was looking forwards to reading this- the moment I saw it, I wanted to. The cover is beautiful, and seeing as it said ‘Pegasus’ that was an instant attention grabber. See, I’m one of those horse- crazy girls, so anything with horses anywhere has instant brownie points with me.
I’m not really sure what I expected. The first little bit I read was lots of backstory, which was hard to follow in places (but that’s partly because I was reading right before I went to sleep and since I have a cold my thinking is a bit fuzzy). It’s a bit slow, too, but as long as it picks up the place a little I think this is going to be a wonderful book- the imagery is fantastic and the whole concept is unique. Doesn’t every girl wish to have their own Pegasus friend to talk with? If you didn’t before, maybe you do now.

I’m really looking forwards to seeing what this book has to offer.

Rachel

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
read it write © 2012 | Designed by Canvas Art, in collaboration with Business Listings , Radio stations and Corporate Office Headquarters